Tuesday 1 February 2011

Kate Sutton final piece


Kate Sutton is one of my favourite illustrators and I based most of my project on her for the project graphic illustration. After researching into her work, I found that the work I favoured of hers and the images that come up a lot in her work is the water, toadstools, knickers and tea sets. Once I’d discovered these, I wanted to bring them to life somehow in my final outcome, not just some illustrations on paper. I got some big pieces of white card and drew water swirls on in the style of Kate Sutton. I then put this in my bath, coming out of the tap so it looked realistic and photographed it. I then did this for the other objects, making them out of card and putting them in different places in my house and garden then photographing them.

This was a really fun final outcome to do as it involved going through a lot of different stages to get the final product. I also enjoyed it, as it was a new way of working and something I hadn’t done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment