Tuesday 1 February 2011

Kate Sutton sketchbook


This is the sketchbook that goes with the two images above. For this sketchbook, I used an old book and covered the pages with other paper and materials for the background to work onto this. In these particular pages, I wanted to create a page that related to the final outcome above. When I was researching into her work, I came across a piece involving a camera and thought this would be a perfect relation to the piece as I used photography a lot.

After deciding that I was using this image, I then had to draw it up, using white paper. After I had cut it out, I decided it needed a bright, bold background in contrast to the camera. I found some paper containing lots of coloured hexagons and thought this would be a good background to work on and I think the end product looks good, as the contrast is so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment