Tuesday 1 February 2011

Everyday objects drawing


Throughout my everyday objects project, I had done lots of study sheets involving illustrations but I had never done an actual sketch of everyday objects. Once deciding to do so, I chose my shoe, my iPod and my key. I found it easy drawing the outlines of the objects but it took me a while to get into the shading and tones of the sketch. Once finding where the light and shadows fell, I then had to add it to the paper, which I found tricky at first. Once I got going however, I found it easier to spot the darker tones from the lighter and didn’t just shaded, added a crosshatch look to it, and lots of little lines to give it a greater effect.

Even though it wasn’t what I was used to, I really enjoyed doing the sketch as it was something different and I enjoyed finding where the shadows and light fell and applying it to the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment